Subject: Re: Removing __BROKEN_CONFIG_UNIT_USAGE
To: None <cube@cubidou.net>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-sun3
Date: 07/16/2007 23:44:04
cube@cubidou.net wrote:

> Attached is a patch that should DTRT and allow us to remove the
> __BROKEN_CONFIG_UNIT_USAGE tests in subr_autoconf.c.
>
> My understanding of the sun3 code is that it used it to make sure the
> xd and xy drives had the correct numbers, while still having a wildcard
> instance in the config file, which is not only wrong but confusing.

I have not checked your patch closely, but
arch/sun3/sun3{,x}/vme.c also have broken cf_unit usage.

The "real" solution is to switch sun3 port to MI vme(4) as sun2,
but it requires to rewrite all framebuffer drivers for sun3
to use MI sun drivers.
(I've done bus_space(9) and bus_dma(9) for sun3, but
 for the rest more motivation is required..)
---
Izumi Tsutsui