Subject: Re: TME emulator status: now works with SunOS ethernet
To: None <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA, port-sun3@NetBSD.org>
From: None <SigmFSK@aol.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 12/28/2006 00:07:25
In a message dated 12/25/2006 1:33:56 A.M.  Eastern Standard Time,
mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA writes:
> I have two  -3/260s with, I think, 64M each

TME emulates a Sun3 with the Carrera motherboard (Sun 3/75, 3/140, 3/150,
3/160, 3/180), and it was my guess that the Carrera motherboard had a 32Mb
limit.  It must be the carrera bin that is putting the initial  message and sun
logo at the top of the console upon powerup because its before  the sun3 starts
booting from sd and knows anything about NetBSD or SunOS.

Since that display only shows 32Mb, even when 64Mb is specified, I thought
it was almost a given that we're stuck at 32Mb.  There has to be some
addressing limit.  I guess more research is needed!

/arthur