Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.6 / 2.0.2 panics on Sun 3/180
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: Patrick Finnegan <pat@computer-refuge.org>
List: port-sun3
Date: 07/21/2005 00:19:40
Adam Kropelin declared on Sunday 10 July 2005 08:51 pm:
> Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> > I've spent the better part of this afternoon coaxing my Sun 3/180
> > back into breathing, and have finally got it to boot the
> > netbsd-INSTALL.gz kernel, but it panics:
> >
> > http://ned.cc.purdue.edu/sun3/sun3-180-netbsd-1.6-panic.txt
> >
> > I've tried using the 1.6 installer and 2.0.2 installer kernel, with
> > the same results.
> >
> > Any suggestions?  Am I doing something wrong?
>
> My 3/280 needed this kernel patch before if_ie would pass packets
> without faulting. It only recently got merged, so I don't think it's
> in 2.0.2.
>
> http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=21699

OK, I cross-compiled a new kernel based off netbsd-currnet (which has
that patch in it).  I'm trying to boot the machine diskless, and it
boots up until this point and then freezes:

warning: no /dev/console
init: Creating mfs /dev (363 blocks, 896 inodes)

I used the default config for the "GENERIC" kernel when I compiled it.

The LEDs still chase back/forth on the back of the machine, but I've
waited at least 20 minutes and the machine didn't go any further.

Ideas?

Pat