Subject: Re: Which gcc for c++ on a sun3 using sunos 4.1.1U1?
To: None <rmk@rmkhome.com, Robertdkeys@aol.com>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: port-sun3
Date: 12/10/2003 22:34:04
On Mar 4, 11:12pm, Rick Kelly wrote:
}
} The last gcc that I had on my Sun 3/80 when it was running 4.1.1 was
} 2.5.8. I remember trying something much newer and it wouldn't compile,
} but you can just try the next rev up from 2.5.8.

     I'm running gcc 2.95.3 on an IPX running SunOS 4.1.3.

} The 3/80 is running NetBSD 1.6.1 now, but I still have the complete install
} of 3/80 on the original hard disks. Also, openssh won't compile on 4.1.1.

     I find that OpenSSH seems to break on SunOS and be fixed in
alternate versions.  Just keep trying.  It isn't the most portable
portable programme.  I'm currently running 3.1p1, which I should
probably upgrade.

}-- End of excerpt from Rick Kelly