Subject: Re: Booting 3/60 from cdrom?
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Fredette <fredette@theory.lcs.mit.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 10/25/2003 08:55:54
> > > What is the exact command for a Sun 3/60 to boot off a cdrom (Sun
> > > cdrom) at ID 6?  I was reading in one of the faqs that it was boot
> > > sd(0,18,0), but I can't seem to get it to recognize the cd from that
> > > incantation.
> >
> > Well, I don't have such a setup to test it, but I think the number is
> > (id<<3)+lun, in hex, which means that 18 is ID 3 LUN 0.  ID 6 LUN 0
> > would be 30.  Try sd(0,30,0) maybe?
>
> Might be sd(0,30,1) or (0,30,2) etc. depending on which "session" of
> the CD has the sun3 bootstrap.  If it accesses the drive, but dies,
> try a different session number.  Also, the CD must be set for 512
> transfer size, not the usual 2K.

A while back I added this section:

http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/sun3/faq.html#boot-devices

which tries to answer this question with tables indexed by CPU and ROM
revision.  If your 3/60 ROM isn't rev 1.9, please let me know if it does
or doesn't work with the 1.9 table entry that's there now.

--
Matt Fredette