Subject: Booting 3/60 from cdrom?
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: None <Robertdkeys@aol.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 10/24/2003 23:31:37
What is the exact command for a Sun 3/60 to boot off
a cdrom (Sun cdrom) at ID 6?  I was reading in one of
the faqs that it was boot sd(0,18,0), but I can't seem to
get it to recognize the cd from that incantation.  My 3/60
has prom 3.0.1, which is supposed to be able to boot cd.
I also tried boot sr(), and that did not work either.  Any
pointers to the correct incantation under the full moon,
is greatly appreciated..... just to get a one buck 3/60
rolling again.....(:+}}...  I have sunos 4.1.1 and NetBSD
1.6.1 cd's to use.  The last time I had a 3/xxx machine
up was a few years ago, so I am a tad rusty at sun 3
incantations....(:+\\.....

Thanks

Bob Keys

p.s.  Of the available NetBSD's, is any version particularly
        better to use on 3/60's?  1.6.1?  Current?

p.p.s.  Would an easier alternative for booting be to fs a drive
           on say any handy sparc, and plop a miniroot into the
           b partition, and boot that instead of cd?