Subject: Re: Sun 3/80 questions
To: Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. <bsd@hawkmountain.net>
From: Michael Thompson <m_thompson@ids.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 06/04/2003 07:25:07
There are a few of these machines left. Mine has two 80 MB ESDI drives with
SunOS 4.0.3 installed, a 428 MB SCSI drive with NetBSD installed, two 134
MB 10" SMD drives with SunOS 4.0.3 installed (one sounds like a turbine),
and a QIC mag tape. I have a color graphics board that I have not installed
because I don't have the funky video cables. I also have 2/50 amd 2/75
clients.

At 09:58 PM 6/3/2003 -0400, Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:

>Anyone have any clues as to where to find some more memory boards for
>a Sun2/120.... I also heard there was a color graphics board.... anyone
>ever seen one ?
>
>Wouldn't mind getting some more RAM, and in general stocking some spare
>boards for this oldie.... It is the only 2/120 I've ever seen... although
>I gather there are still a few of them out there.
>
>-- Curt

>>Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 20:35:23 -0400
>>To: "Curtis H. Wilbar Jr." <bsd@hawkmountain.net>
>>From: Michael Thompson <m_thompson@ids.net>
>>Subject: Re: Sun 3/80 questions
>>Cc: port-sun3@netbsd.org
>>
>>>Wonder what my Sun2/120 will be like ? :-) ... I think it has only 4 meg
>>>of ram :-)
>>
>>I have been running NetBSD on my 2/120 for about two years. Its not as fast
>>as SunOS 4.0.3 but it sure has a lot more features. It runs just fine with
>>7 MB.
>>

>>Michael Thompson
>>E-Mail: M_Thompson@IDS.net

Michael Thompson