Subject: Re: sun3 port different then many others
To: None <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. <bsd@hawkmountain.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 06/03/2003 23:08:29
Do any of the framebuffers use DMA ?

I thought I had seen something about DMA in the cg4 driver, but now that
I look again, I can see I was too tired when I was last looking at it
(was probably looking at something else while trying to figure out
the structural differences between the sun3 port and all the other ports).

I guess the framebuffers just are mmaped in and accessed that way by looking
at the cg4 driver.... which makes sense.... I think sun always used memory
mapped devices, no ?  DMA would just be used by things like disc,
ethernet, etc... stuff that takes data in... right ?

-- Curt