Subject: Sun 3/80 questions
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. <bsd@hawkmountain.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 06/03/2003 00:00:28
Should it take days to compile a 1.6.1 kernel on a 3/80 ?

I did only have 8 meg of RAM in it, I just upgraded it to 16
(after I plan on doing the hardware mod and ROM upgrade to put
it at 40 or 64).

One other thing I noticed at boot time it says it is running the
scsi at async speed....  why ? !  It is a 2G Quantum 7200RPM drive,
I'd imagine that it would get better transfers using sync rather than
async.

Also, nobody said anything so far about my post regarding bringing over
the cgeight driver from the sun4 tree into the sun3 tree (which is
proving to be difficult so far).

-- Curt