Subject: broken VME levers, prom codes
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/20/2002 15:15:44
I have a few questions, but maybe they aren't appropriate for this list.
(My end goal is to get NetBSD installed!)

What are some good mailing lists or forums to discuss Sun hardware and
prom questions?

I have a Sun 3/60 (model 247 if that means anything).

It doesn't seem to boot. (At least, I don't see anything via serial other
than when diag is on.)

I am interested in trying to placing the miniroot image on to a SCSI drive
(using another NetBSD system to write it).

I've read some about posibly having an internal scsi drive. But I don't
know if I have one.

My VME (I think that is what it is called), has broken
levers/handles on both sides. Any tricks on how to get it to slide out?

When I have diag on, it successfully passes the Selftest. Then I can get
into the Extended Diagnostics Main Menu. When I press "q", I get the ">"
(prom?) prompt.

Where can I find some prom documentation or examples?

Also, I have a Sun 4/110 (Model 347), but the VME won't slide in -- it is
sitting out about 3mm. The power runs the fan for about a second then
turns off, then a second later turns back on, and so on. How much force
does it take to get it to snap in place? Or any hints on how to get it to
line up?

Thanks,

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/