Subject: cross compiling for sun3
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: Rick Sustek <rsustek@cisco.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/14/2002 14:52:22
Sun3 gang,

Hey, this list has been pretty quiet lately, so I thought
I'd ask [what may be a dumb newbie kinda question]:

I want to cross compile:
netbsd/sun3 execution target
solaris/SPARC compilation host

I've poked around on the NetBSD site enough to get
whacky.  Fiddled with the vaguely supported 'zoularis'
environment enough to give up.  Browsed GNU org
and other Solaris freeware  sites enough to lose track
of my brain.

But I don't seem to find this beast!

Any help appreciated!

I know I can install additional NetBSD packages on
a functioning NetBSD system, to support cross-development.
But the only NetBSD system I currently have is the sun3.
I may be able to get another [modern] platform going, to
operate in that mode.  However, the SPARC station I
am using cannot be messed with.

Thanks!
Rick