Subject: Re: sun3 - msoft-float
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Pfaller <leo@marco.de>
List: port-sun3
Date: 08/24/2001 09:12:43
In article <Pine.LNX.4.33.0108241413080.10077-100000@denkigama.nat.shibuya.blink.co.jp>,
	cjs@cynic.net (Curt Sampson) writes:
> including the kernel, makes little to no use of the FPU. So it's
> cheaper to do any floating point in the kernel in software than it is
> to store/reload the FPU state with every entrance to the kernel.)

As far as I remember using -msoftfloat isn't used to force the kernel to
do floating point in software, but to give you a linktime error if you'd
accidently use floating point inside the kernel.

Regards, Matthias
--
Matthias Pfaller                            Software Entwicklung
marco Systemanalyse und Entwicklung GmbH    Tel   +49 8131 5161-41