Subject: Re: update on sun2 port (and sc scsi driver)
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/16/2001 10:37:59
>> Much progress has been made on the Sun2 port.  It now boots
>> multiuser, a snapshot of programs run, and I've developed a driver
>> for the 'sc' SCSI board that seems to work pretty well.

That's awesome.

>> Should I post the sc driver somewhere?
> I seem to remember a bunch of people with sc boards on VME sun3 and
> sparc boxes who might be interested in that driver :)

Regardless of whether/where it gets posted, I'd like to get hold of a
copy, that's for sure!

> [...] we may be able to find someone in your area with a sparc VME
> sun3 or sparc box...

I'm not all that close to MIT (a half-day's drive and an international
border), but I've got a couple of -3/260 crates and some sc boards. :-)
(I could even set up serial console access; contact me off-list if you
want me to - note that it may take a little time; those boxes are
somewhat buried at present.)

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca