Subject: Re: 1.5 installation trouble
To: None <jchacon@genuity.net>
From: Havard Eidnes <he@netbsd.org>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/12/2001 00:47:42
> Yes, the sun3 install could use some work.
>
> The simplest way to do this:
>
> Unpack base and etc into your NFS area. Put the INSTALL kernel as /netbsd.

Yah, and you'd also need a populated dev/ directory.

That was what I wanted to avoid, BTW; partly since the installation
docs mentioned that the RAMDISK kernel should be the only required
thing, so I stuck with that, and partly because I'm lazy. ;-)

Anyway, I may look into why the 1.5 RAMDISK is damaged; I'll over
the next few days (weeks? -- it sure is no speed demon ;-) be
building my own distribution based on the current netbsd-1-5 branch
sources, so that I can find out whether it's a simple build error or
whether something more sinister is going on with the RAMDISK kernel.

Regards,

- H=E5vard