Subject: sun3 switched to ELF
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/21/2001 23:14:04
hi folks,

NetBSD/sun3 has now switched to using the ELF object file format.
most of an ELF snapshot is available in:

  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/sun3/snapshot/20010113/

(note that this was generated by copying the mvme68k snapshot from the same
date and replacing the few binaries that are different on sun3.  I skipped
a few bits like the RAMDISK kernels and the miniroot, if that turns out to
be a major problem then we can generate a full snapshot in a couple weeks.)

instructions for upgrading from the snapshot or from source are in:

  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/sun3/elf-upgrade/README.ELF-UPGRADE

have fun,
-Chuck