Subject: Re: early results from a Sun-2 port
To: None <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Matthew Fredette <fredette@MIT.EDU>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/20/2001 11:17:53
>  > 	Congratulations! Are you using the generic m68k userland or have
>  > 	you had to compile anything other than the kernel specially?
>
> ...if he's using a different userland, it might be useful to add the
> emulation of some of the missing m68k insns (that the 68010 doens't have).

I'm not sure this is possible.  When I first started the port, I knew
about some, but not all of the unsupported instructions and addressing
modes.  I had to learn about the others the hard way :) I seem to
remember that there wasn't a good "insert-emulation-here" trap
happening when the CPU would hit one of these instructions.  I think I
was just getting Address Errors.

Matt

--
Matt Fredette