Subject: Re: No xserver.tgz for 1.5?
To: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
From: Nathan J Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
List: port-sun3
Date: 12/11/2000 20:01:09
<rhialto@polderland.nl> (Olaf Seibert) writes:

> I was hoping to upgrade my X terminal (a Sun 3/60) to 1.5, to get rid of
> an annoying problem. However, there does not seem to be an X server
> binary (sun3/binary/sets/xserver.tgz) available? Is this intentional?

It's not intentional. It's an unfortunate side effect of my tripping
over an NFS server bug (PR #11618) which totally hoses X builds.

So I need to do a little disk reorganization before I can make this
build, and it didn't happen before 1.5. Sorry about that.

> While I'm talking to you anyway, the problem I'm having is that the X
> server sometimes does an unsupported system call. When that happens, it
> is killed and I lose all my windows. It typically happens with gnome
> programs (such as gnapster). Since I am currently useing the XKERNEL
> setup, I cannot ktrace this or anything like that. Any ideas here maybe?

I'd guess a mismatch of the X server version and the kernel, but I
haven't looked at the XKERNEL setup in a long time.

        - Nathan