Subject: Re: kenrel crash dump on sun3x (Re: kmem_map panic status...)
To: None <phiber@radicalmedia.com>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-sun3
Date: 11/19/2000 12:00:19
In <20001115211136.V24570@radicalmedia.com>
phiber@radicalmedia.com wrote:

> > I think your problem is the same with mine:
> > http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sun3/2000/10/02/0000.html
> > (Yes, this made me search another way to track the kmem_map bug :-)
>
> Agreed, I get the same error.  I just wanted to point out that doing a
> "target kcore" on /dev/mem gives the exact same error, leading me to believe
> something is (also) wrong with gdb.

"target kcore /dev/mem" gives the same error:

(gdb) target kcore /dev/mem
can not access 0x40a0, kvm_read: Bad address
can not access 0x40a0, kvm_read: Bad address
Error accessing memory address 0x40a0: Bad address.
(gdb)

But other commands like "print" and "x" etc. are working fine
and other m68k machines do not have such problem at all,
so it does not look that gdb and /dev/mem have obvious problem.
It seems there are something wrong around kernel stack or pcb..
(Where the address "0x40a0" come from? Does it occur also on sun3?)
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp