Subject: default 1.4.2 DISKLESS kernel question
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: gaw zay <gauze@unixpunx.org>
List: port-sun3
Date: 04/15/2000 18:32:25
I have a question about the vanilla DISKLESS kernel, is it compiled
with: options         NFS_BOOT_RWSIZE=1024  ?
the default DISKLESS conf file (see usr/src/sys/arch/sun3/conf/DISKLESS)
has this, but I'm not sure if the kernel from the ftp is compiled against
this or not. nfs is incredibly slow it dies with a short read,read/write
error if I don't have a constant ping going from the server to the client
machine. I was thinking it was the 8k->1k packet size deal but if the
DISKLESS kernel is already compiled this way the problem has to be
something else.

the server box is a slackware 7 box, anyone else have a similar
configuration and can comment?

thank you,

'gauze'

Brian Mastrobuono