Subject: Re: 3/80 esp problem?
To: Julian Coleman <J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk>
From: Jeremy Cooper <jeremy@simon.sfsu.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 01/20/2000 14:14:38
On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Julian Coleman wrote:

> One other thing - the 3/80 used to run 1.3.3 with the same pair of 425's.
> No problems at all.  Did we get the Sparc esp driver for 1.4?

Shortly after the branch for 1.3, the SPARC esp driver was re-worked into
a 'chip' driver and placed in the bus-independent 'dev/ic' section of the
kernel source.  Since then both the sun3x and sparc have been sharing it.

> PS.   While I'm here ... with a slightly trimmed down GENERIC3X, I get
> 'panic: malloc: out of space in kmem_map' errors when trying to build the
> world.  Does anyone else see these?  If so, is it worth bumping up the
> default?  (It's compiling a kernel with larger NKMEMCLUSTERS at the moment.)

This problem has been present for a very long time.  I suspect a memory
leak in the sun3/sun3x process cleanup code.

-J