Subject: Re: ...oh woe, or suffering...and beyond..
To: None <jwbirdsa@picarefy.picarefy.com>
From: Db <Db@hypermax.net.au>
List: port-sun3
Date: 01/18/2000 04:04:06

James wrote;

> I actually have a 3/50 with a 4M expansion board installed. It works
>pretty nicely except that it isn't seated very firmly. It actually
>consists of two or three separate boards which have plugs descending from
>the undersides, which go into sockets on the motherboard where certain
>chips used to be, and that's pretty much all that's holding it on. About
>once a year I have to open the thing up and reseat the expansion, and
>that particular box has to remain horizontal. I have most of my pizza
>boxes vertical in special stands that I've made to save space, but the
>expansion just won't stay in in that position.

  Interesting concept...kind of reminds me of days gone by, and things I
did to amigas to leverage that extra little bit from them (without the
spending of a big bit of money associated with the commercial
alternatives ;) I recall having an 'addspeed' board for an a1000 that used
to sit precariously atop the existing onboard m68k socket, and unless it
was sitting at exactly the right angle, would no function. I remember
there was much happiness when I discovered big lumps of bluetack could
hold the board in such a place...until summertime..

            Cheers!