Subject: Sun 3/260 and 3/110 blues on last snapshot
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 01/07/2000 11:19:58
I must have the most rotten luck on NetBSD and sun3 sun4 toyz.... (:+{{...
My pmaxes, vaxes, peecees, sparcs, and that sort of thing do fine, but
me and the old VME monsters are going round, and round, and round......

Anyway, I made up the tape sets for the last snapshot in the arch tree,
19991209, and it finds the tape and boots fine, but then comes up with,

...(dmsg stuff)...
no dev/console

and dies.  I am using a 3/260 with a vt100 serial terminal in diag or
serial mode, depending upon how the cpu board diag switch is toggled,
or a 3/110 with the standard graphics monitor and sun keyboard.
It dies on both machines, regardless of diag settings.

Any thoughts as to how to proceed?

I am using the netbsd-rd kernels for the boot tape.  Should one of
the other kernels be used instead?  I noticed install kernels and
diskless kernels and generic kernels there...... I was thinking it
was the rd kernels that were needed for tape booting.

Is there a different or later snapshot that someone should point me to?

Anyone else running 3/110 or 3/260 crates, or is everyone on 3/60's?

Any insights are appreciated.  I am bound and determined to get some
sort of NetBSD up on these critters, by the traditional tape method.....
(before I go pushing up daisies.....(:+\\.....).

Thanks

Bob