Subject: Re: TCP problems resolved
To: None <abs@netbsd.org, port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: None <jwbirdsa@picarefy.picarefy.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 12/29/1999 02:00:15
>	Would it be possible to temporarily connect a NetBSD box to the
>	modem to see if you still get the problems (if you have a spare
>	100MB disk for the 386 box that should be enough to get a minimal
>	NetBSD install for testing).

   Not within any reasonable timeframe. It's an old Compaq with a 40M drive
and no setup disk. For that reason and others, it is scheduled to be replaced
with something newer running Red Hat 6.0 as time permits. When that
happens, I'll try the experiment and see what happens.

>	My guess is we may be seeing some issue with the linux gateway,
>	though wherever the problem lies, we still need to try to
>	interoperate with it :)

   The thought had occurred to me, although I don't know how much demand
there is to interoperate with Linux 1.3.something anymore. :)

   --James