Subject: Re: hi-rezolution X of Sun3/60
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sun3
Date: 12/22/1999 11:04:04
> There is sun3/60 with bwtwo frame buffer.
> The machine has 1600x1200 ? pure Sun display.
> But in netbsd 1.4 , X can't run.
> There is core dump.(Segmentation fault)

This I can't help with - it *ought* to work, but it's been so long
since I did anything with X on NetBSD/sun3 I can't say much.  Did you
remember to move the jumper on the CPU board to indicate hi-res mode?

> The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
> > Error:            No KeyNames named "type3" in the include file
> "keycodes/sun\
> "
> >                   Exiting
> >                   Abandoning keycodes file "default"
> Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server
> Couldn't load XKB keymap, falling back to pre-XKB keymap

> This messages is non porbrem ?

Right.  This is because you're using a type-3 keyboard, and xkbcomp
doesn't know anything about type-3 keyboards.  I get these messages
routinely when starting X on SPARCs (I always use type-3 keyboards, the
only civilized keyboard Sun ever made, in my opinion).  Aside from the
noise at startup, I see no effect.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca