Subject: Re: 3/4xx
To: None <jwbirdsa@picarefy.picarefy.com>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sun3
Date: 12/21/1999 02:19:31
> (Does anybody have any docs for the sc?  [...] I'd really like to go
> back to my old reliable sc's if anybody can provide docs for me to
> write a driver with.)

Back in the 1.2 days, I was sent a file purporting to be a driver for
the sc for Sprite.  Using that as hardware doco, I wrote a driver.

It has never worked properly for me.  But you're welcome to use it as a
starting point if you like.  I'll be happy to send you a copy....

> Has 1.4 been exercised on 3/1xx or 3/2xx systems to any great extent?

I was doing the sc work on a -3/260.  However, it's been sitting idle,
turned off, for a long time now (too much of a space heater, not enough
of a compute engine).  I can certainly resurrect one (I have two) and
see how it goes to try to put a modern systen on it...though I don't
know how soon I can do that.  I'll need to do *something* about modern
NetBSD/sun3 relatively soon, though, as my central house machine is a
NetBSD-1.2/sun3 machine that really really should be upgraded.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca