Subject: Re: sun3/sun3x kernel problems
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: None <jwbirdsa@picarefy.picarefy.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 12/21/1999 03:53:48
>Regular SunOS won't boot, my syscache enabled NetBSD won't boot but
>the regular 1.4.1 NetBSD will boot so I think I have a failed cache ram
>(or more depressingly, associated logic).

   Try powering it up in diag mode. The onboard diagnostics go through a
dozen or more cache tests.

>You're welcome to my syscache changes but I'm not exactly working hard on
>these for the above reasons :-(

   Once I have my production systems back up, I'll have time to work on
kernel hacking like that. (Eventually I want to port NetBSD to my Sun-2's,
so the more I know about the Sun-3 kernel, the better off I am.)

   --James