Subject: Re: sun3/sun3x kernel problems
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: None <jwbirdsa@picarefy.picarefy.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 12/21/1999 03:17:06
>If it happens when the 3/4xx is receiving (rather than sending) large
>files, flooding the 3/4xx with large ping packets from another system
>might make the problem more visible and reproducible.

   It happens most often when receiving, but recently I observed it when
sending as well.

   Another fun ie error: every once in a while, I will suddenly get an
endless stream of messages:

ie0: abort commands timed out
ie0: disable commands timed out
ie0: configure command failed

I can't tell which message actually starts the stream, but it's those three
over and over again. The only way out is to L1-A, which drops me into the
debugger. (Incidentally, while you're in the debugger, don't type "machine
halt", because it completely hoses the console display, it won't take any
commands -- if you can read fast enough, you can see a "Try again" message
flicker, it won't L1-A, and the only way out is to power-cycle.)

   --James