Subject: xdm : can't open display (Sun 3/50)
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel F. Dickinson <perran@geocities.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 12/05/1999 06:28:57
I've got a Sun 3/50 that I (for reasons I have long forgotten (or maybe
I'm just in denial that I was so foolish)) decided to turn into a
standalone X workstation.  With startx the world is happy.  The world is
also happy with starting the X server from a telnet terminal and then,
when I know the server is loaded) adding in xterms and twm etc.  So
what's my beef?
	Well it seems that xdm is complaining it can't open display :0
Since I know the server works with anything but xdm I'm at a loss.  I've
read the man pages, scrounged the NetBSD, FreeBSD, XFree86, and Linux
web pages to no avail (the x.org was, unfortunately down when I was
looking).
I've meddled with config files and resurrected them from the
distribution sources (1.3.2 binaries).  All to no avail.

I hope someone out there can help me out cause I'm ready to take a big
stick to xdm.

Ideas anyone?

--
Perran aka Dox aka   |All opinions are mine and mine only..| /---\
Daniel F. Dickinson  |unless you agree with me.            || o o |