Subject: ftp.netbsd.org://pub/incoming/sun3-19991110.tar
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 12/04/1999 01:06:56
I uploaded my 19991110 sun3 snapshot (inside a big tar file because it won't
let me create directories) to ftp.netbsd.org://pub/incoming/sun3-19991110.tar.

The readme follows:

This is a sun3 snapshot built from sources checked out using

cvs co -D "1999-11-10 12:00" src

on an rsync'd copy of the reporsitory from later that day.

I had to patch one header in order to avoid a syntax error due to vaddr_t
being used by a userland program. The referenced sparc/ header wanted to
see _KERNEL before defining vaddr_t, but the sparc64/ version used a much
looser test. I believe this bug was fixed before 1999-11-29 because a
build of that appears to be going well without any changes.

The kern.tgz file is a vanilla GENERIC kernel.

Sorry this snapshot is so basic, but I've been spending too much time
trying to get macppc and mac68k working for me, and haven't gotten the
alternate kernels or installation media figured out.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com
Sat Dec  4 00:59:46 PST 1999

# eof