Subject: missing devices in miniroot
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: doj <doj@cubic.org>
List: port-sun3
Date: 08/12/1999 19:14:02
Hello Boys and Girls,

I want to install a NetBSD 1.4 on a Sun3/260...
I have used the miniroot image from the 19990518 snapshot.

My problem is: I want to install on my second Xylogics disk. But the
miniroot filesystem is lacking the devices
/dev/xy1a, /dev/xy1b, /dev/rxy1a, /dev/rxy1b ...

As the filesystem is mounted read-only I can not make the new device
entries myself. My question is:

1) How can I mount the miniroot writable ?
2) Or how can I patch the miniroot to contain the devices ?
3) Can someone make a new miniroot with those devices for me ?

Actually I am totally new, both to sun3 and netbsd (but I have other
unix experience).

--
---> doj / cubic
----> http://www.cubic.org