Subject: Internal drives in a 3/80
From: Julian Coleman <J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/28/1999 15:46:43
How are internal disks conencted on a 3/80?  I have 2 mounting brackets, 2
ex-HP Quantum 425's and 2 short SCSI leads and a strange 50-way through
connector that was attached to one of the SCSI connectors on the motherboard.
I've tried one drive to each motherboard connector, but that gives me
'esp0 selection failed' messages when the install tries to label a disk.  Is
the correct way motherboard (1) -> drive (1) -> drive (2) -> motherboard (2)?
This was the way that the HP drives were connected.  At the moment, neither
of the drives are terminated - should either be?  Also, what is the 50-way
through connector for?

Thanks,

          NetBSD - the most widely ported operating system available