Subject: resignation
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@netbsd.org>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/25/1999 00:29:11
Hi all,

I've recently been through some big changes in my life:
Endured a difficult escape from a manipulative spouse,
(and on a more positive note:) started a great new job
at Sun Microsystems.  Some of these changes have made me
consider my priorities for how I spend my time.  Among
other things, I'm devoting more time to my social life.
(I highly recommend it!:)

One outcome of all this is that I've decide to resign my
position as "port-master" for NetBSD/sun3.  I've been doing
this job for more than five years now, and I think it's
time for me to step aside and let someone else take over.

I had some fun with it, especially early on, right after I
took over the job from Adam Glass.  It was a challenge then,
and a learning opportunity, but for me it has become a chore.
Another person, perhaps less experienced with UNIX internals
might enjoy the learning opportunities offered by this job.
The last I heard, The NetBSD Project was looking for a new
"port-master" for NetBSD/sun3.  Send mail to core@netbsd.org
if you have the time and interest for this volunteer job.

There's not much development one really needs to do now.
(No new hardware to worry about!:)  Mostly just need to
build and test releases, and keep up with changes to the
common code base that affect the port.  I'll be glad to
answer questions and offer advise to the next volunteer.
Oh yeah - I have a bunch of Sun3 iron to offer to anyone
wishing to do NetBSD/Sun3 work in New England...

So anyway, goodbye to all you friendly people.

Best regards,
Gordon Ross