Subject: Problems with NetBSD-1.4 miniroot
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: John Carr <jcarr@mail.msen.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/16/1999 22:05:28
Hi, all... I decided that with the new 1.4 out, I'd just reinstall
my existing 1.3.2 server (sun3/60 w/24Mb RAM) to start fresh...

Am I missing a newer version of the miniroot somewhere?

On booting from the miniroot:

[...]
boot device: sd0b
root on sd0b dumps on sd0b
WARNING: clock gained 5 days -- CHECK AND RESET THE DATE!
root file system type: ffs
/etc/rc: Can't open /etc/rc
Enter pathname of shell or RETURN for sh:
intr ^C kill ^U erase ^? werase ^W newcrt
/usr/libexec/ld.so: warning: libc.so.12.20: minor version >= 40 expected, using
it anyway
To install NetBSD, enter the command:  install
Otherwise, enter the command:  halt
# install

Welcome to the NetBSD/sun3   installation program.

[snip]

Proceed with installation? [n] y
Cool! Let's get to it...
Remounting root read-write...
Preserved 1998 pages of miniroot leaving 2117 pages of swap

The installation program needs to know which disk to consider
the root disk.  Note the unit number may be different than
the unit number you used in the standalone installation
program.

Available disks are:

/usr/libexec/ld.so: warning: libc.so.12.20: minor version >= 40 expected, using
it anyway/usr/libexec/ld.so: warning: libc.so.12.20: minor version >= 40 expecte
d, using it anyway

/usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "___sigaction14" called from sort:sort at 0
x60b4

Which is the root disk? sd0

The disk sd0 does not exist [which it does]
[back to "The installation program..."]