Subject: VME ie card on sun3 (sun4 people also please read)
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org, port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: Alex Barclay <alex@vsys.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 04/29/1999 14:17:45
Hi all,

I have recently tried to install a extra ie card into my Sun 3/470
(The card is a multibus into vme converter affair)

Anyway it failed miserably! :-(

My first thought was that the card was fried. Anyway, a couple of
days later I drag from the depths of my memory how to netboot SunOS
4.1.1 and the card probes and runs fine.

So here are the questions

1) Has anyone else had this card working, could be Sun3 or Sun4

2) I noticed that drivers appear in 2 places in the tree.
	sys/dev/vme and sys/arch/sun3/dev
   On cursory inspection they seem quite similar (Sun 3 seems to be
   using its own copy)

3) If I go in and fix this then does anyone know about the ie chipset
   as I don't

The card seems to be failing to initialise the memory on the card,
not sure why but it then generates an interrupt. As soon as
interrupts are enabled I get unclaimed interrupt scrolling up off the
screen.

Anyone?

Thanks

Alex.