Subject: Re: netbooting sun3/50 (again)
To: Allan Kelly <akelly@holyrood.ed.ac.uk>
From: TechSupp <Db@hypermax.net.au>
List: port-sun3
Date: 04/29/1999 19:06:49
Allan Kelly wrote:

> The program is proly
>
> /usr.sbin/rpc.bootparamd
>
> and you need an /etc/bootparams with eg
>
> dunbar root=lammermuir:/usr/export/root/Xkernel/
>
> assuming an /etc/hosts entry for dunbar and for lammermuir
>
> al.
>
> --
> /* Allan.Kelly@ed.ac.uk. .   . .     . .           http://edina.ed.ac.uk
>  * Software Engineer       *     . .     .    . .     Edina Data Library
>  *                                *       . .     .    . .
>  * Perl nonsense:                          *       . .     .  ..
>  * $data = ${@{${$$gb_oda_50_data{$sht_seq_no}}[$i]}}[$j];  *    * . .
>  *  Really, I wrote that.            vi: set noet tw=80  sts=4 ts=8  :.. */

  Heya!

       See one of my replies after this...

The above info about bootparams kinda helps, now I get;

[root@hyper /]# callbootd hyper 192.168.1.12
Whoami returning:
client_name:    xhost
domain_name:
router: 192.168.1.1

...which leads to the same failure on the 3/50 however :(  Do I need
specify the domain in bootparams as well??....or is there something more
to add??...etc etc etc

    Thanks in advance,

           Brett