Subject: the last problem (I think)
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: Steve Roylance <steve@pinehill.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 04/23/1999 20:08:33
I stuck an old drive on one of the SCSI controllers and can now boot the
kernel.  It asks me for the root and dump devices and root filesystem.
If I tell it le0 for boot dev and nfs for the root filesystem then it goes
back to server:/boot/sun3x expecting to find /dev and /etc there.  I have
the miniroot fs, but I can't think of a way to turn it back into the files
that the kernel wants.  Could someone either show me another way, or maybe
provide me with the miniroot FS in a tar.gz?
Right now it dies because it cannot find init in the /boot/sun3x.
Could I also unpack some of the sets onto the booting directory and
make a workable root FS that way?
Also, if Linux support the filesystem format of the miniroot I could mount
the file, what is the name of the filesystem?

Thanks
-Steve