Subject: Re: 19990416 snapshot available
To: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: None <rdkeys@unity.ncsu.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 04/20/1999 10:50:26
> at
>
> 	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/sun3/snapshot/19990416/
>
> please find a sun3{,x} snapshot built from that day's sources in release(7)
> format, with "domestic" included (i.e. this one is NOT for export outside
> the USA and Canada).

What does the 3X on the kernel stand for?  I seem to be confusing that
with sun3x architecture?

> I make no other representations about it other than:
>
> 1. it compiled
> 2. it runs on my Sun 3/60 booted off local disk

Sounds good to me.

What is the best way to bring it up on a cold machine.

I was thinking of using sunos or netbsd-1.3.2 to boot and set up the disks,
copy a miniroot from 1.3.2 to swap and use that to unroll the tarballs via
tape or ftp.

Should that work, or should this snapshot be handled differently?

> Has anyone tried to run NetBSD/sun3 diskless lately?

I always use tape or ftp installs, so no info on that from this end.