Subject: Re: 19990416 snapshot available
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-sun3
Date: 04/20/1999 20:48:40
fair@clock.org wrote:

> Have you seen the "everything core dumps" bug lately? My suspicion is that
> UVM stomped it, but it would be nice to be sure, and it was my experience
> that netbooting tickled it *much* more frequently than booting from a
> disk...

When I was tracking th MACHINE_NEW_NONCONTIG bug on sun3x,
it seemed that "using pages reserved for PROM" bug in
sun3x/pmap.c caused problem like "everything core dumps" bug.
Then I suspect that MNN changes (both sun3 and sun3x) fixed the bug,
but I'm not sure. At least, I have never seen "everything core dumps"
on my 3/80 running UVM kernels.
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp