Subject: Re: NetBSD-1.3.3 port available for sun-3 boxen?
To: NetBSD/sun3 Discussion List <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: J. Maynard Gelinas <maynard@jmg.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 01/15/1999 11:31:41
    Hi Gordon,

    I offered to build a -current set of binaries because the -current
distribution is so much better than the 1.3.2 release.  I've been
rebuilding from source and hitting all the normal pitfalls one could expect
when being clueless, so I'm well aware of the need for a set of recent
binaries.

    It looks like Erik already has a set of 1.3.3 binaries ready to roll
and is looking for testers.  I've got that second 3x, but I just found out
its IDPROM is hosed.  I've called Mouser and ordered a new part - that
ought to arrive in a week or so.  Once that comes in I can test out the
1.3.3 binaries too, or add a second disk to my first box and try to build a
-current binary tree.

    I'm up for helping out by building snapshots.  As you know I've got
some serious time pressures so sometimes I'm around, and other times I'm
dealing with family emergencies; it's hit or miss.  That's one of the
reasons I let that CG4 drop for so long.  I could try to set up that second
3x to autobuild a set of monthly unofficial -current snapshot binaries, but
first I should manually build an install snapshot just to get the ropes
down.

    I don't really know what I'm doing and don't want to step on any of the
toes of people who _do_ know what they're doing.  Still, I'd like to help
if I can.   Would this be of help to you?

J. Maynard Gelians

C> Curt Sampson writes:; charset=us-ascii
>  > On Thu, 14 Jan 1999, Greg A. Woods wrote:
>  >
>  > > [ On Thu, January 14, 1999 at 14:30:55 (-0800), David Brownlee wrote: ]
>  > > >
>  > > > 	I would expet it means the person who comitted to buulding the
>  > > > 	sun3 images did not manage to complete the build in time.
>  > >
>  > > What does "in time" mean?  Is that person still working on the build and
>  > > will the images appear if/when they are complete?
>  >
>  > No. Gordon broke his arm and cannot type, and so isn't going to be
>  > doing any NetBSD (or other) work for a bit. So unless someone else
>  > steps up, there will be no 1.3.3 release.
>
> Hi!  Actually, the arm is coming along well.  I can type with
> both hands again, but not as fast as I did when there was no
> cast on my left arm.  Anyway, I thought we had a volunteer to
> compile and upload the 1.3.3/sun3 stuff...  (care to speak up?)
>
> Volunteers are always welcome!
>
> Gordon

ontent-Type: text/plain