Subject: Re: Sun 3/80 SCSI problem
To: John Ruschmeyer <jruschme@exit109.com>
From: David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 07/18/1998 18:57:44
John Ruschmeyer writes:
> 2) Any special setup considerations which I might have missed? I believe
> I have everything terminated correctly.

Do you have internal and external termination? There is no built-in
default SCSI termination on the MB. Either an internal device has to
have termination or you have to put a terminator on one of the 50 pin
headers. Plus the normal terminator on the farthest external SCSI
device.

If you put a Sun SCSI connector on one of the internal connectors
incorrectly you will smoke the termination power traces on your 3/80 MB.
I know. I have done it. And haven't revisited the thing to figure out
the right way.