Subject: Mouse Systems Mice (was: Re: Sun Type-3 Keyboard)
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 07/07/1998 19:52:22
In article <199807071831.OAA05551@Twig.Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>,
der Mouse   <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA> wrote:
> On the assumption that it is, though, it's probably one of the old
> coarse-resolution Mouse Systems mice.  (The mouse I'm using on the

Somewhat off topic, I *love* the old-style Mouse Systems mice (as used
on sun3, older sparcs, etc).  I still have a Boing Mouse (basicly the
same Mouse Systems unit in PC Bus mouse electrical flavor with the
connector replaced by a DB9) on my Amiga.  They used to make them for
PCs too.  They seem to have discontinued that style of mouse, though, so
for new PCs I'm stuck.  I haven't been able to find a satisfactory
replacement.  Can anyone else who likes the old sun-style mice
reccommend a currently produced PC mouse they like, preferably in PS/2
flavor (or maybe USB)? Or know anyone who has a stock of the
discontinued-style Mouse Systems PC mice?

I did pick up a few of these mice made for some proprietary system (has
a DB25 for serial and a DB9 that wants +/- 12V power and I-don't-know-
what-else). They should be compatible with XFree if I can supply
appropriate power, but I've never found the time to get them working.