Subject: Wanted: diskless sun3 kernel 1.3.2
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Netbsd User <netbsd@magnet.geophysik.tu-freiberg.de>
List: port-sun3
Date: 07/07/1998 13:56:59
Hi,

is anybody out here that runs a diskless SUN3 - X - Terminal ?
I have hat running 3 such beasts for 3 years now here at our
university, but my last Sparc II was converted to NetBSD 1.3.2
and I hat to convert the SUN3's also.
This is because the old 4.2BSD broadcast behavior, the SUN3 SunOS
kernel has requested bootparams on 139.20.0.0, but we have 8 bit
subneting. No bootparam server has answered this request anymore.

I have now running these X Terminals with netbsd and the gerneric
kernel, but I think a smaller one without that scsi and ffs should
be faster on SUN3's with 4 MB Memory...

Can anybody please compile a kernel for me ?

PS:
sorry for my poor english

Holm
* Holm Tiffe                        holm@geophysik.tu-freiberg.de             *
* Freiberger Strasse 24                                                       *
* 09600 Kleinschirma, Germany           Microsoft is not the Answer -         *
* Tel.: 49 3731 74233                   Microsoft is the Question,            *
* FAX : 49 3731 74200                     and the Answer is no !              *