Subject: Re: common boot media (sun3/sun3x)
To: None <jwise@unicast.com, jeremy@broder.com>
From: None <gwr@NetBSD.ORG>
List: port-sun3
Date: 07/01/1998 19:05:46
> Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 15:21:57 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Jim Wise <jwise@unicast.com>
>
> Well, it seems that most architectures look for /netbsd first and then
> some arch-specific list of alternate names.  I'd rather we keep this
> consistent accross platforms.

OK, I changed the sun3 boot programs: netboot, ufsboot
again so now they look for the following file names:

	"netbsd", "netbsd.old",	"netbsd.$arch"

which appears to comply (somewhat) with the alpha and i386.
(It uses an array of names now.  Add names as you wish!:)

I had to rework the main routine quite a bit, so it's now
a little larger but not huge (156 lines in the whole file).
Anyway, main is now large enough that I got tired of keeping
netboot/boot.c and ufsboot/boot.c in sync and replaced them
with a common libsa/xxboot.c plus some Makefile magic.

Enjoy!

Gordon