Subject: more 3/50 probs--X this time
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dan Bongert <dbongert@students.wisc.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 06/11/1998 22:18:04
I realize that a 3/50 only has 4 megs of RAM, but I'm attempting to get X
running on mine, just to see if it can hack it at all. I downloaded the
xbase.tgz, etc. from the netbsd site (when I was still connected to a LAN
and not attempting to ppp), and seem to have everything installed. But when
I type startx, I get \:
	/usr/libexec/ld.so: xinit: libXmu.so.6.0: No such file or directory
A friend of mine had the bright idea to do this:
	LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib
	export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
and now when I try to startx:
	Fatal Server error:
	Cannot open /dev/mouse, error 6

	_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 2
	_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 2
	_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 2
	_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 2
	_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 2
	_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 2
	_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 2
	giving up.
	/usr/X11R6/bin/xinit: No such file or directory (errno 2) = unable to
connect to X server
	/usr/X11R6/bin/xinit: no such process (errno 3): server error

Any idea what's going on? Is my X install screwy? Should I just redownload
it (when I get ppp running)?
Dan Bongert                   | Hire the Morally Handicapped--It's More Fun!
dbongert@students.wisc.edu    | National Institute for the Morally Handicapped
herkimer@upl.cs.wisc.edu      | http://www.upl.cs.wisc.edu/~herkimer