Subject: Re: Sun 3/60 SCSI TERMPWR problem
To: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: Matthew N. Dodd <winter@jurai.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/22/1998 11:45:24
On Fri, 22 May 1998, Erik E. Fair wrote:
> my examination is hampered by the fact that this 3/60 has a P4 CG daughtercard
> covering the relevant portion of the motherboard, and it looks like it will
> be a problem to remove.

They aren't hard to remove at all.  Each of the BNC connectors has a nut
holding it to the metal backplate, and two small nuts holding it to the P4
connector.

You have checked the SCSI bus fuse right?

> The most unfortunate part of all of this is that while I have the
> facilities to run this system with the fried SCSI as diskless, it has
> been my experience that NetBSD/sun3 does not run reliably this way - it
> invokes the "everything core dumps" bug with unhappy frequency. Has
> anyone else had better luck running a Sun 3/50 or 3/60 diskless?

I'm running mine diskless.  Of course both of them are just simple
X-Terminals.

/*
   Matthew N. Dodd		| A memory retaining a love you had for life
   winter@jurai.net		| As cruel as it seems nothing ever seems to
   http://www.jurai.net/~winter | go right - FLA M 3.1:53
*/