Subject: Re: Sun 3/60 TERMPWR/diskless
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nathan Lane <nathan@textiles.org>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/22/1998 09:39:49
> The most unfortunate part of all of this is that while I have the facilities
> to run this system with the fried SCSI as diskless, it has been my experience
> that NetBSD/sun3 does not run reliably this way - it invokes the "everything
> core dumps" bug with unhappy frequency. Has anyone else had better luck running
> a Sun 3/50 or 3/60 diskless?

I'm having excellent luck with a 3/110 w/8MB as my network time server
and network management workstation.  A friend has a 3/60 that has been
working pretty well - he did have some "everything core dumps all the
time" problems but after he replaced the upper 4MB of SIMMs (with 3-chip
no less) it seemed to clear up - only happens every few days now instead
of once every few minutes.  He's running 1.3 and I'm running 1.3.1.

-Nathan Lane