Subject: Re: Sun 3/60 SCSI TERMPWR problem
To: None <fair@clock.org>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/19/1998 23:54:25
Hi,

In <v03110703b186f0e4e8b2@[198.68.110.2]>
fair@clock.org wrote:

> OK, I screwed up - I didn't thoroughly check the jumpers on the old Conner
> disk I added to one of my Sun 3/60's SCSI bus. The disk in question had
> active termination enabled. Now the poor machine refuses to recognize the
> main disk ("no disk label found"), and tries to netboot instead.

See the sun hardware reference. http://sun-www.picarefy.com/
It says

        Note that pin 26 (TERMPWR) is connected to ground on part
        numbers 501-1205-09 or lower, 501-1322-01, 501-1334-01, and
        501-1345-01. This can cause a short if another device in the
        chain is providing termination power!

so you should not connect TERMPWR to 3/60 SCSI port.
---
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp