Subject: Re: CPU instruction set optimization
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nathan Lane <nathan@textiles.org>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/05/1998 19:30:06
> There are very few programs
> in the distribution which use floating point operations.  Gcc 2.8 and egcs
> _may_ change this, but I doubt it will be that drastic.

  Hmmm...if so few use floating point then why can't I boot my 3/50?
Everytime it starts up I get PID 11 killed: No floating point support
and then PID 16 killed: No floating support (that one loops forever).  I
even put in a 68881.  If it makes a difference I'm using the netbsd-rd
kernel as the standard netbsd-current won't boot on a 3/50.

I do like the unified m68k - it makes it real easy to port to an
embedded architecture, a place more and more m68ks are ending up.

-Nathan Lane