Subject: Re: Where's the X faqs?
To: Rick Copeland <rickgc@calweb.com>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/22/1998 11:53:53
On Sat, Feb 21, 1998 at 02:01:24PM -0800, Rick Copeland wrote:

> I have down loaded the binaries and install files for NetBSD 1.3 for Sun
> 3/80 and included are files for "X" apparently.  However in the install docs
> there is no information as to how or when to install them (X) and how to
> configure. Could someone point me to these doc if they exist?

If you've unpacked everything successfully, look in: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc

In particular, /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc/QuickStart.doc is pretty useful for
getting up to speed quickly.

If that directory doesn't exist, then you're missing something. I expect
that /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc is in the xbase.tgz set, but I'm not completely
sure. Either way, it sounds like you probably downloaded everything you'll
need.

Doh! I just checked, and while the specified directory exists on my i386
box, it doesn't exist on my mac68k box. I don't know what the case is for
your port.

--
Mason Loring Bliss...mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us...www.webtrek.com/mason
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments