Subject: Problems with Apache
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick Copeland <rickgc@calweb.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/19/1998 13:17:04
Hello Sun List,

We are trying to install Apache 1.2.5 on a Sun 3/80.  We have installed it
without problems on a i386 and uVax 3600 both running NetBSD.  However when
we run "Configure" on the 3/80's the system comes back with errors and in
one case a core dump.  When I say in one case that is because this has
happened on three separate systems (all 3/80's).  Two of the 3/80's are
running with a 3.03 rom and the other is 2.9.  All three are running NetBSD
1.2E and for the most part (excluding hard disk failures) have been running
flawlessly.  I know the first question will be what are the errors, however
in the 3.03 rom case the monitor gets totally scrambled with garbage in the
2.9 case a single line will be over written many times apparently saying
something about "lib or something" then a crash or core dump.  We also tried
an older version of Apache which was 1.2.1 and it failed just the same.

Has anyone got any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks,

Rick Copeland